Vancouver Humane Society is partnering with The Happy Herd Farm Sanctuary this Giving Tuesday to make life better for farmed animals!
Between now and November 30, you can donate directly to our joint campaign, or help by supporting one of the businesses that are generously donating a portion of their profits this week.
The first $6,000 we receive in donations will be matched by generous local partners!
How your donation helps
The Happy Herd provides a loving home to 70 animals rescued from the farming industry, six of whom were rescued this year alone! In 2021, they welcomed three pigs, a goat, and two turkeys. The sanctuary’s animal care costs range from $5,000 – $6,000 a month. These costs cover everything from food and bedding to hoof trimmings and x-rays.
Your generous support of our campaign will have a lasting impact on the lives of the animals who call The Happy Herd home.
Since 1984, the Vancouver Humane Society has been supporting individuals, organizations, and governments to take action for the welfare and rights of animals influenced by human activities. Whether advocating against rodeo cruelty, providing emergency vet funds for companion animals in low income homes, offering resources to help people and businesses choose plant-based options, or lobbying for policies that minimize harm to animals, VHS is dedicated to ending animal suffering in all forms. All donations to VHS go directly toward vital programs and advocacy work in order to create a kinder world for all animals.
Thank you so much for your support of both of our organizations!
- Westpoint Naturals – will be making a donation toward our campaign
- Chickpea – will be donating 15% of all food truck sales on November 30
- Sprouted Oven – will be donating 3% of their sales on November 30
- Vegan Supply – will have a virtual donation jar which can be found at their online checkout on November 30
- Down 2 Earth – will be donating 100% of proceeds from their holiday sips on November 30
- Vegan Yarn Studio – will be donating 25% of sales on November 30
- Ergogenics – will be donating 10% of sales on November 30
- Nice Shoes – will be donating 10% of sales on November 30
- Panago – all lower mainland and greater Vancouver Panago stores will be offering $10 plant-based pizzas and $1 from every plant-based pizza sold will be donated to the Giving Tuesday campaign. Use code PLANT10
- Lotus Seed Vegan – will be supporting our campaign (details to follow)
- Lita’s Mexican Foods – will be making a donation toward our campaign